How-To Transfer Your Property Utility Bills

Looking for the most reliable way on how-to transfer your property utility bills? We ask that the how-to transfer your property utility billsowners do the billing changes and transfers when changing property management companies. Learn More

Accurate information is important

The reason being sometimes we do not have the information or documentation required to complete these transactions and the owners usually do.

Steps moving forward

We are not trying to give you more work. Owners are the only ones who can do this.

Guideline on how we can help this process

Below you will find the steps on how to transfer your utility bills and links to the information you will need to get these important tasks done.

SDG&E (Electric): (800) 411-7343


CONTINUITY OF SERVICE AGREEMENT – This is used when tenants move out of a unit, it will keep the power on for repairs and showings.

Continuity of Service Agreement

To start a Continuity of Service Agreement, go here:

Letter of Authorization

LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION – To get the house meter bills sent to us please go to the link below for more information: #

SDGE Form:

When the form has been filled out, send it to you should also include the property management agreement with the email and form.

San Diego Public Utilities (Water): (619) 515-3500


WATER BILLING TRANSFER – To transfer the San Diego Public Utility account billing to our office you will need to contact San Diego Public Utilities to change the billing address to our mailing address. To do this you will email & attach a copy of the property Mgmt. agreement and a photo of your ID with the verbiage below:

Hello, my name is (NAME) – (ACCOUNT #) and I am requesting to have the water bill for (RENTAL ADDRESS) to now be mailed to my property manager at the below address:

Sunset Property Management & Realty
2321 Morena Blvd. Suite #F
San Diego, CA 92110

I have attached the property management agreement and a photo of my drivers’ license to this email.

Have additional questions?

If you have more questions please call the below phone numbers:

Water: (619) 515-3500 –
SDG&E: (800) 411-7343 –


Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions.


Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.