Below, please find our in-depth process for screening and qualifying tenants and what is expected from the applicants.
APPLYING: We do not charge an application fee. Applying is FREE! Applicants can apply online at: https://www.sunsetspm.com/apply and fill it out carefully with as much information as possible. Some things to note:
- We do verify applicant’s current rental history & employment information provided in the application.
- Every person planning on living in the home over the age of 18 must also fill out an application and complete a credit/background check.
- If cosigners are allowed for a certain property they will need to also fill out an application and go through this same process as well.
INCOME & CREDIT QUALIFICATIONS: All tenants must bring in at least three times the rent in earned income (combined). These are the forms of income we accept:
- We do not accept cosigners.
- Gross income.
- Liquid assets (cash in the bank).
- Income and assistance vouchers (Section 8 & others).
- School financial aid, loans, and BAH.
- Must have a debt to income ratio below 32%.
- Prospective tenant(s) must earn 3 times the rent in a combined total.
- Must have a good credit score/history.
- A credit check is required and is done through TransUnion. (They charge $30 per application. We receive no funds from this.)
PROOF OF INCOME: The types of documents you can use are good CLEAR digital photos and/or PDF files (for instructions click here) or scanned photos of any one of these:
- Two most recent pay stubs from applicant’s job or LES statements.
- Letter from HR stating how much applicant will be making.
- Last 3 months of bank statements showing deposits made.
- If applicant is a student they may also send in scanned documentation from financial aid, school grants, or loans showing how much they will be receiving.
- Section 8 & other housing vouchers are accepted as a form of income, however, the applicant’s income qualifications remain 3 times the rental rate.